- Any computer running a recent operation system (Microsoft Windows, MacOS or Linux) and Java 1.8 should work. The following systems have been used for testing:
- Microsoft: Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) and Windows 10
- MacOS: OS X Lion (10.7.5) and OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)
- 145 MB hard disc
- 2 GB RAM
- Java JRE 1.8 needs to be installed on your computer. You can download the JRE from here. Choose the right download for your operation system and run the installation. Please note: if you have a 64bit operation system we recommend using the 64 bit (x64) version of Java.
GRITS Toolbox download
- You can download our software from the download section. Please provide your name and email and the downloads links will be send to you. Please note: We will not share your information with other parties.
- After receiving the download link via email choose the right download for your operation system. If you have installed a 64bit Java JRE (see prerequisite) we recommend using the 64bit GRITS version.
- After downloading the software archive as ZIP file please decompress the archive. Feel free to copy the “GRITS-Toolbox-1…” folder to any convenient place.
- You are set and ready to go.
Starting GRITS Toolbox
- Starting GRITS will depend on your operation system
- Windows: open the “GRITS-Toolbox-1…” folder and double click GRITS.exe
- Linux: open the “GRITS-Toolbox-1…” folder and double click GRITS
- MAC: open the “GRITS-Toolbox-1…/MacOS” folder and double click GRITS
- After this the GRITS Toolbox start screen will appear and you are requested to selected a workspace folder.
- If you are starting GRITS the first time please create a new empty folder and select this folder as workspace. This is the place GRITS will store all the information and data you provide. After confirming the folder the program will open and provide you with a set of on-screen instructions to help you get started.
- If you have used GRITS before or downloaded our Demo workspace you can select this folder or your old workspace folder.